Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time 10 to 30 mins
1 tbsp vegetable oil
750g/1½lb pork strips or pork shoulder steaks, diced into 2cm/1in squares
1 onion, peeled and sliced thinly
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
2.5cm/1in piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 stick fresh lemongrass, sliced thinly
6 tbsp red or green Thai curry paste
300ml/½ pint creamed coconut
350g/12oz pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2.5cm/1in cubes
1 tbsp fresh coriander, coarsely shredded
1 tbsp fresh basil, coarsely shredded
300g/10oz fresh spinach leaves, picked and washed
1 tbsp lime juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in the wok or heavy based frying pan until smoking.
2. Cook the pork in batches until browned all over and golden, remove, keep warm.
3. Add the onion and garlic and cook over a gentle heat until softened.
4. Add the pumpkin, ginger, fennel seeds and lemongrass and cook for 5 minutes on a low heat.
5. Stir in the Thai curry paste and cook together until fragrant.
6. Return the pork to the pan with the coconut milk, bring to the boil, simmer for 10-12 minutes.
7. Finally stir in the spinach, herbs and season to taste, stir in the lime juice and serve with fluffy steamed or boiled rice.